This is what I did last night. I didn’t play; I just shouted along with the players. I didn’t realize there were so many people who knew how to play the ukelele. And that they all get together every wednesday night for a play-and-sing-along. London really surprises me sometimes. More surprising, however, was how many couples were making out. I didn’t manage to videotape them (I definitely would have if I had been able to get a good shot–privacy be damned!). But…..so is ukelele music some big untapped aphrodesiac or something?
- ART (122)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (60)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (77)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- Tickets for @trixiemattel and Katya Live go on sale in 30 minutes and f***ing @Ticketmaster is having sign in error… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- @SFBART This is terrible. Civic center is nearly full and the ONE TRAIN wont be here for another half hour. 1 month ago
- @SFBART This is not special. It's reduced. It's not even ten and the station is filling for a train that wont be he… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @alasoff Cultural deathbringers. 2 months ago
- @BeanGilsdorf That sounds like a word I would have tried to slip into an article, to be deleted by some party pooping editor 2 months ago
- 55,016 hits