This is what I did last night. I didn’t play; I just shouted along with the players. I didn’t realize there were so many people who knew how to play the ukelele. And that they all get together every wednesday night for a play-and-sing-along. London really surprises me sometimes. More surprising, however, was how many couples were making out. I didn’t manage to videotape them (I definitely would have if I had been able to get a good shot–privacy be damned!). But…..so is ukelele music some big untapped aphrodesiac or something?
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- RT @alaindebotton: Ripping the UK out of the EU like deracinating a tree: for a while it's hard to tell the thing is dying. 2 days ago
- My life is a lie. BBC News - Coconut oil 'as unhealthy as beef fat and butter' bbc.com/news/health-40… 1 week ago
- "...the outrage only succeeds if you’re aggressively ignorant (about the play.)" huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-ju… 1 week ago
- I've found what I'm wearing to Burning Man this year. This 'sexy chest' costume metro.co.uk/2017/06/09/thi… via @MetroUK 2 weeks ago
- RT @mynameiscal: I have won The votes That were in your Election And which You wanted To use As your mandate Forgive me They were So str… 2 weeks ago
- 42,890 hits