This is what I did last night. I didn’t play; I just shouted along with the players. I didn’t realize there were so many people who knew how to play the ukelele. And that they all get together every wednesday night for a play-and-sing-along. London really surprises me sometimes. More surprising, however, was how many couples were making out. I didn’t manage to videotape them (I definitely would have if I had been able to get a good shot–privacy be damned!). But…..so is ukelele music some big untapped aphrodesiac or something?
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- RT @sentantiq: “In exchange for fire we women Were made, another fire, greater Much harder to fight.” ἀντὶ πυρὸς γὰρ ἄλλο πῦρ μεῖζον ἐβλάσ… 1 day ago
- RT @ben_rosen: REPUBLICANS: who can be sure about what happened 36 years ago ALSO REPUBLICANS: when the founding fathers put a comma in th… 1 day ago
- No, it's cool, @nytimes, I've only written about this sort of thing, like, twice in the past five years. When an Er… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- They probably from San Francisco and are willing to pay $23 a shot. Thousands sign petition to drink red juice from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- "It’s legal for the parasites who buy an ownership stake in your company to decide they will appropriate your livel… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- 46,961 hits