This is what I did last night. I didn’t play; I just shouted along with the players. I didn’t realize there were so many people who knew how to play the ukelele. And that they all get together every wednesday night for a play-and-sing-along. London really surprises me sometimes. More surprising, however, was how many couples were making out. I didn’t manage to videotape them (I definitely would have if I had been able to get a good shot–privacy be damned!). But…..so is ukelele music some big untapped aphrodesiac or something?
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- RT @kylegriffin1: Oh boy. The new cover of @DerSPIEGEL https://t.co/pt8Qk5uwOP 1 day ago
- RT @KagroX: The "billionaire" who wants to build a wall so Mexicans won't steal your job now wants to cancel your health insurance to pay f… 1 day ago
- RT @DanteAtkins: Wonder how many Trump supporters wearing bald eagle shirts realize the EPA is why the bald eagle isn't extinct. 1 day ago
- RT @Travon: Serena Williams won a grand slam while she was pregnant so every man should probably shut up about everything forever. 5 days ago
- RT @ShaunKing: 17 women have accused Donald Trump of what O'Reilly is about to be fired for. And we have a recording of Trump admitting he… 5 days ago
- 42,387 hits