This is what I did last night. I didn’t play; I just shouted along with the players. I didn’t realize there were so many people who knew how to play the ukelele. And that they all get together every wednesday night for a play-and-sing-along. London really surprises me sometimes. More surprising, however, was how many couples were making out. I didn’t manage to videotape them (I definitely would have if I had been able to get a good shot–privacy be damned!). But…..so is ukelele music some big untapped aphrodesiac or something?
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- Oh no..... I think I'm a vegetarian now..... twitter.com/Protect_Wldlif… 8 hours ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates is the neoliberal face of the black freedom struggle | Cornel West #dang theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 10 hours ago
- RT @MobyDickatSea: But shall this crazed old man be tamely suffered to drag a whole ship's company down to doom with him? 11 hours ago
- You're my literary hero, Bean. And I'm speaking as someone who coined the term "pussommelier" last night. twitter.com/BeanGilsdorf/s… 22 hours ago
- Maureen Dowd Praises #MeToo—After Years of Slut-Shaming Monica Lewinsky thedailybeast.com/maureen-dowd-p… 22 hours ago
- 44,067 hits