This is what I did last night. I didn’t play; I just shouted along with the players. I didn’t realize there were so many people who knew how to play the ukelele. And that they all get together every wednesday night for a play-and-sing-along. London really surprises me sometimes. More surprising, however, was how many couples were making out. I didn’t manage to videotape them (I definitely would have if I had been able to get a good shot–privacy be damned!). But…..so is ukelele music some big untapped aphrodesiac or something?
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- RT @LarkinQuotes: Your mind lay open like a drawer of knives. 18 hours ago
- RT @TechnicallyRon: "Hey you're that fucking idiot with terrible hair who tricked an entire country into making themselves look like morons… 19 hours ago
- RT @itssylviaplath: I, to you, am lost in the gorgeous errors of flesh. 1 day ago
- The Shameful Embrace of Sean Spicer at the Emmys nyti.ms/2y9TFHG 2 days ago
- RT @joeyalison: My start-up idea is to make tech bros obsolete by replacing them with empathetic human being who understand society and cul… 6 days ago
- 43,497 hits