I haven’t had much time to write or brain to think, but the show is going nicely, maybe. The director shows up once in a while to deliver some catastrophic notes which we do our best to assimilate the next night. We’ve gotten favorable reviews, here, here, and of course it’s very gratifying to hear from happy audience members, some of whom reviewed the show on the site where they bought tickets, here. I’ve even run into people on the street who recognized me from the show and said some very kind things. Unfortunately the Chronicle only reviews smaller theaters when they produce a new play, or a west coast premier.
Still, one never really feels like one got it. Luckily, we’ve extended the run by two weeks, so I still have a while…
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- Oh no..... I think I'm a vegetarian now..... twitter.com/Protect_Wldlif… 8 hours ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates is the neoliberal face of the black freedom struggle | Cornel West #dang theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 10 hours ago
- RT @MobyDickatSea: But shall this crazed old man be tamely suffered to drag a whole ship's company down to doom with him? 11 hours ago
- You're my literary hero, Bean. And I'm speaking as someone who coined the term "pussommelier" last night. twitter.com/BeanGilsdorf/s… 22 hours ago
- Maureen Dowd Praises #MeToo—After Years of Slut-Shaming Monica Lewinsky thedailybeast.com/maureen-dowd-p… 22 hours ago
- 44,067 hits