I haven’t had much time to write or brain to think, but the show is going nicely, maybe. The director shows up once in a while to deliver some catastrophic notes which we do our best to assimilate the next night. We’ve gotten favorable reviews, here, here, and of course it’s very gratifying to hear from happy audience members, some of whom reviewed the show on the site where they bought tickets, here. I’ve even run into people on the street who recognized me from the show and said some very kind things. Unfortunately the Chronicle only reviews smaller theaters when they produce a new play, or a west coast premier.
Still, one never really feels like one got it. Luckily, we’ve extended the run by two weeks, so I still have a while…
- ART (122)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (60)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (77)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- The Isolation Dances: sfbellydancetheater.com/isolation-danc… https://t.co/RmjEFPRNVM 1 month ago
- @Joni_california @goldengazelle These look like my people! Hahaha 7 months ago
- @ovillalon I did! 9 months ago
- Mayor London Breed: Change SF's Anti-Music Park Ordinances Now! - Sign the Petition! chng.it/wVThCfHh via @Change 11 months ago
- RT @Anne__Sexton: The soul was not cured, it was as full as a clothes closet of dresses that did not fit. 11 months ago
- 54,314 hits