I haven’t had much time to write or brain to think, but the show is going nicely, maybe. The director shows up once in a while to deliver some catastrophic notes which we do our best to assimilate the next night. We’ve gotten favorable reviews, here, here, and of course it’s very gratifying to hear from happy audience members, some of whom reviewed the show on the site where they bought tickets, here. I’ve even run into people on the street who recognized me from the show and said some very kind things. Unfortunately the Chronicle only reviews smaller theaters when they produce a new play, or a west coast premier.
Still, one never really feels like one got it. Luckily, we’ve extended the run by two weeks, so I still have a while…
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- @LeeHepner Name the landlords...the names of these cultural deathbringers should be known. 1 week ago
- RT @THREETIMESBAD: We are bailing Black folks in Oakland out of jail from the protests. Donate in links below. Any money that is not used f… 1 month ago
- Your daily reminder that big tech is run by dweebs more scared of titties than of literal apocalypse. US model rais… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- .@SFMOMA neither google nor your Facebook page mentioned that you would not be open 10am to 5pm. A whole crowd of d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- @ssnewbery Yasssss! 7 months ago
- 52,193 hits