I haven’t had much time to write or brain to think, but the show is going nicely, maybe. The director shows up once in a while to deliver some catastrophic notes which we do our best to assimilate the next night. We’ve gotten favorable reviews, here, here, and of course it’s very gratifying to hear from happy audience members, some of whom reviewed the show on the site where they bought tickets, here. I’ve even run into people on the street who recognized me from the show and said some very kind things. Unfortunately the Chronicle only reviews smaller theaters when they produce a new play, or a west coast premier.
Still, one never really feels like one got it. Luckily, we’ve extended the run by two weeks, so I still have a while…
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- RT @alaindebotton: Ripping the UK out of the EU like deracinating a tree: for a while it's hard to tell the thing is dying. 2 days ago
- My life is a lie. BBC News - Coconut oil 'as unhealthy as beef fat and butter' bbc.com/news/health-40… 1 week ago
- "...the outrage only succeeds if you’re aggressively ignorant (about the play.)" huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-ju… 1 week ago
- I've found what I'm wearing to Burning Man this year. This 'sexy chest' costume metro.co.uk/2017/06/09/thi… via @MetroUK 2 weeks ago
- RT @mynameiscal: I have won The votes That were in your Election And which You wanted To use As your mandate Forgive me They were So str… 2 weeks ago
- 42,890 hits