I haven’t had much time to write or brain to think, but the show is going nicely, maybe. The director shows up once in a while to deliver some catastrophic notes which we do our best to assimilate the next night. We’ve gotten favorable reviews, here, here, and of course it’s very gratifying to hear from happy audience members, some of whom reviewed the show on the site where they bought tickets, here. I’ve even run into people on the street who recognized me from the show and said some very kind things. Unfortunately the Chronicle only reviews smaller theaters when they produce a new play, or a west coast premier.
Still, one never really feels like one got it. Luckily, we’ve extended the run by two weeks, so I still have a while…
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- Fuck you, @walgreens, for providing only this mask, WHICH SAYS RIGHT ON THE BOX THAT IT IS INADEQUATE FOR TOXIC GAS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @LalehKhalili: Holy shit what an image. "13th attempt to break the Gaza blockade by sea". Photo by Mustafa Hassouna (Andalou Agency for… 3 weeks ago
- Photography's Macho Cult cphmag.com/macho-cult/ via @jmcolberg 1 month ago
- RT @sentantiq: “In exchange for fire we women Were made, another fire, greater Much harder to fight.” ἀντὶ πυρὸς γὰρ ἄλλο πῦρ μεῖζον ἐβλάσ… 2 months ago
- RT @ben_rosen: REPUBLICANS: who can be sure about what happened 36 years ago ALSO REPUBLICANS: when the founding fathers put a comma in th… 2 months ago
- 47,569 hits