I haven’t had much time to write or brain to think, but the show is going nicely, maybe. The director shows up once in a while to deliver some catastrophic notes which we do our best to assimilate the next night. We’ve gotten favorable reviews, here, here, and of course it’s very gratifying to hear from happy audience members, some of whom reviewed the show on the site where they bought tickets, here. I’ve even run into people on the street who recognized me from the show and said some very kind things. Unfortunately the Chronicle only reviews smaller theaters when they produce a new play, or a west coast premier.
Still, one never really feels like one got it. Luckily, we’ve extended the run by two weeks, so I still have a while…
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- Did GoT seriously just mansplain democracy to me?! 6 days ago
- @farmsteadapp how come I cant find any info on pricing without signing up w/my email first? And does this app not exist for android? 1 month ago
- RT @thomas_violence: every mega rich person has an origin story like "at the start we were working 20 hour days, 6 days a week" but that 'w… 3 months ago
- RT @beldonstevens: Reminder that, if you insist on calling dogs and cats “fur babies,” you are implying that human babies are “skin pets”… 3 months ago
- Fail and drop dead. @CCP_SF brokeassstuart.com/2018/11/20/mez… 6 months ago
- 49,411 hits