I haven’t had much time to write or brain to think, but the show is going nicely, maybe. The director shows up once in a while to deliver some catastrophic notes which we do our best to assimilate the next night. We’ve gotten favorable reviews, here, here, and of course it’s very gratifying to hear from happy audience members, some of whom reviewed the show on the site where they bought tickets, here. I’ve even run into people on the street who recognized me from the show and said some very kind things. Unfortunately the Chronicle only reviews smaller theaters when they produce a new play, or a west coast premier.
Still, one never really feels like one got it. Luckily, we’ve extended the run by two weeks, so I still have a while…
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- @gawainw @WAGSocialCare I've read conflicting reports but more indicating that they are way better than nothing... 3 weeks ago
- @WAGSocialCare 300 gough street. Apparently many Walgreens stores in this city are also under stocked and although… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- WHERE ARE THE N95 MASKS IN YOUR SAN FRANCISCO STORES? I was told that they had problems with the DM not ordering th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Oh, Jessye, I have loved you all my life. RIP the great Jessye Norman youtu.be/-vUmL0DXsBQ 1 month ago
- Wtf is this sloppy journalism, @harpersbazaarus? Your photog took multiple shots of the same 4 women in different o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- 50,916 hits