I haven’t had much time to write or brain to think, but the show is going nicely, maybe. The director shows up once in a while to deliver some catastrophic notes which we do our best to assimilate the next night. We’ve gotten favorable reviews, here, here, and of course it’s very gratifying to hear from happy audience members, some of whom reviewed the show on the site where they bought tickets, here. I’ve even run into people on the street who recognized me from the show and said some very kind things. Unfortunately the Chronicle only reviews smaller theaters when they produce a new play, or a west coast premier.
Still, one never really feels like one got it. Luckily, we’ve extended the run by two weeks, so I still have a while…
- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- RT @AcademicsSay: Active voice: I love your blog Passive voice: Your blog is loved Passive-aggressive voice: I love how you have time to wr… 1 day ago
- RT @usblm: Draylen Mason was the 17 year old musician who was tragically killed this week from a package bomb on his doorstep in Austin, TX… 6 days ago
- My father like visionary women. His first wife, Hazel Larsen Archer, was one of... 8 Pioneering Women Artists of Bl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- RT @Manglewood: Betsy DeVos perfectly represents the modern American Dream, where all you need to make it is vast inherited wealth and no f… 1 week ago
- RT @kethreydhel: hi i'd like to introduce you to my political ideology https://t.co/lPK3PRhThP 1 week ago
- 44,965 hits