- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- @gawainw @WAGSocialCare I've read conflicting reports but more indicating that they are way better than nothing... 3 weeks ago
- @WAGSocialCare 300 gough street. Apparently many Walgreens stores in this city are also under stocked and although… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- WHERE ARE THE N95 MASKS IN YOUR SAN FRANCISCO STORES? I was told that they had problems with the DM not ordering th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Oh, Jessye, I have loved you all my life. RIP the great Jessye Norman youtu.be/-vUmL0DXsBQ 1 month ago
- Wtf is this sloppy journalism, @harpersbazaarus? Your photog took multiple shots of the same 4 women in different o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- 50,916 hits
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Hey, that last post was a total downer. Here are some baby pictures for you to admire until I post for real again.
Here’s an extremely belated (it’s not my fault, I swear—blame a friend of mine whose identity shall be protected while I dub her “Rice Patty Escallator”) picture-fest, this one from Halloween in San Francisco’s Castro. I don’t know why I … Continue reading
I feel I should clear up a longstanding misconception, a subject of much controversy and furious debate. It is my duty to let the world know the definitive and unbiased facts of an event which occurred long ago.On one of … Continue reading
I just had to very belatedly share some pictures from this most moving and beautiful wedding of two brilliant and very dear friends of mine, Nikki Mazzia (my first college roommate!) and Jackson (“Scholar and Adventuror” as his stepfather aptly … Continue reading
Dear Reader,Yesterday I was walking on Orchard Street in the Lower East Side and came upon the Orchard Corset Shop. I wandered in and this Hasidic Jew (yarmulke, ringlets, et al.) barked at me, “34 B!!”. I thought at first … Continue reading
Hi everyone—sorry for the delay. I’ve been immersed in my job (timeshare scam), moving out of my apartment (kicked out), making new friends ($4 margarita happy hour) and have been just too busy (Cinemax porn-a-thon) to sit at my computer. … Continue reading
The Writer poses.