- ART (123)
- EVENTS (30)
- PERSONAL ESSAYS (61)
- publishing (21)
- Publishing rants (11)
- REVIEWS (78)
- San Francisco (89)
Arts writing doesn’t pay much.
- @LeeHepner Name the landlords...the names of these cultural deathbringers should be known. 3 weeks ago
- RT @THREETIMESBAD: We are bailing Black folks in Oakland out of jail from the protests. Donate in links below. Any money that is not used f… 1 month ago
- Your daily reminder that big tech is run by dweebs more scared of titties than of literal apocalypse. US model rais… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- .@SFMOMA neither google nor your Facebook page mentioned that you would not be open 10am to 5pm. A whole crowd of d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- @ssnewbery Yasssss! 7 months ago
- 52,234 hits
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Hey, that last post was a total downer. Here are some baby pictures for you to admire until I post for real again.
Here’s an extremely belated (it’s not my fault, I swear—blame a friend of mine whose identity shall be protected while I dub her “Rice Patty Escallator”) picture-fest, this one from Halloween in San Francisco’s Castro. I don’t know why I … Continue reading
I feel I should clear up a longstanding misconception, a subject of much controversy and furious debate. It is my duty to let the world know the definitive and unbiased facts of an event which occurred long ago.On one of … Continue reading
I just had to very belatedly share some pictures from this most moving and beautiful wedding of two brilliant and very dear friends of mine, Nikki Mazzia (my first college roommate!) and Jackson (“Scholar and Adventuror” as his stepfather aptly … Continue reading
Dear Reader,Yesterday I was walking on Orchard Street in the Lower East Side and came upon the Orchard Corset Shop. I wandered in and this Hasidic Jew (yarmulke, ringlets, et al.) barked at me, “34 B!!”. I thought at first … Continue reading
Hi everyone—sorry for the delay. I’ve been immersed in my job (timeshare scam), moving out of my apartment (kicked out), making new friends ($4 margarita happy hour) and have been just too busy (Cinemax porn-a-thon) to sit at my computer. … Continue reading
The Writer poses.